Friday, April 12, 2013

Anime Conji 2013 day 1

Well, not sure exactly what to say so far...Conji is under new management, Anime Expo management to be exact, and there are definitely some changes.

The vendors/artists area is HUGE, I mean huge, as in the front exhibit hall at Town & Country, which is as I said...HUGE. It's so huge that the hall looks half empty. There are plenty of vendors there, it just looks empty.

No banners...No more banners for your badges this year, which kinda sucks, those banners were pretty cool, I'm sure they cost the con quite a bit as well, but they were fun.

Seems like there are more voice actors at this con, and the main events are is now in the vendors hall from last year, so tomorrow I'll see if there's massive improvement there.

No Swap Meet this year...which was a MASSIVE draw last year. There was one, we just didn't run across it, unfortunately.

No Con Suite, so no refreshments for con guests, unless you want to buy overpriced food from the hotel, sorry I'm not paying $8 for a sandwich.

Took a few pictures today, but I'll post them with tomorrow's pictures, Sarah, my wife was there with us today, as a photographer as well, unfortunately she wasn't feeling too well, so we ended up coming home early.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your feedback. As a Conji Staffer I would like to explain some of the things mentioned in this review.
    Banners (Actually they are called Ribbons) - Yes it was a budget issue, however, it was also the fact that we have no team to organize and order them.
    Swap meet - Actually there were two Swap meets, both Day 1 and Day 0 - This just shows that you didn't see all the information about the convention.
    Were you aware that Anime Conji took place on both sides of the Hotel? The second side had 90% of panels and the Swap meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool to hear back from a staffer.

    Ribbons weren't a HUGE deal, just a minor change I had noticed.

    I WISH I had known there was a swap meet, man I'm kind of bummed now.

    I was aware of the other half of the convention, and we spent more than half of the convention there. I'm guessing that the swap meet must have been in the tower. Never made it in there this year.

    We did have a blast; and look forward to next year.

    ReplyDelete