Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Ramblings - Writing process

So I'm trying to get more into the writing process for other than the blog. I'm toying around with the Fiction for our Unleashed Campaign World, and of course working on some fiction for another game I'm playing around with. I have said before I have dozens of ideas, I just need time to write them all, so that's what I'm striding toward. Writing much more, reading up on advice, and practicing. For now I'm working with a small goal, only 400 words, but that is over 130,000 words per year. I know a lot of the authors on my FB friends list are writing 1300 - 3000 words per day. But I haven't been able to do that yet. Alot of that is because I'm not just writing a rulebook, I'm designing a game, and though its based upon OGL, I think it's different enough to qualify as almost a new game.

Sean and Ian have also been writing, and while Ian has an edge on Sean in the art department, Sean is pretty impressive as a young author. I've actually dropped a hint that he could start writing a serial series on the blog. I think that would be pretty cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment