Sunday, January 1, 2012

Getting it off my chest...

So, I've noticed one of the game stores in the area is selling for greater than MSRP. I will not name which store it is, this is just a heads-up. In this day of internet sales, it seems pretty crazy to me to actually charge more than retail price. I first noticed it when I got the boys Zombie Munchkin, I thought Steve Jackson Games had raised their prices; but then I saw it at another store for less...I started putting the pieces together...

Sorry (Insert name here), I refuse to buy at greater than MSRP, I do my part to support my local stores, I almost always buy something when I drop by one of my FLGS, because without local sales the stores go away...no game stores means Barnes & Noble...which is a gateway location, but they're down to 2 shelves of books these days.

Do I buy from the internet, occasionally yes, especially when I'm hurting for money and falling behind on key books...but I DO support my FLGS.

Loyal customers go away when you take advantage of them and they notice. I'd hate to see a landmark in San Diego go the way of other great game stores, such as Rigel Books, Dwarf Mountain, even Comic Gallery...It's a tough world for retail, don't screw with the customer, there are other stores in the area.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALSO, I'm a little perturbed at RPG Blogger network, I applied 2 months ago and have gotten ZERO feedback...

No comments:

Post a Comment