Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Epic RPG Blog - RPG Design (genre)

So I've been brainstorming over the different genres, here's a list of what I've come up with (note: some of these I'd never touch in this attempt at creating an RPG)

Historical
Alterna History
-Steampunk
-Diesel Punk

Fantasy
Furry Fantasy
High Fantasy
Gritty/Low Fantasy
Sword & Sorcery
Cthulhu Fantasy (Mythos)

Pulp
- Noir
- Action/Adventure
- Cthulhu/Mythos

Sci-Fi
Hard Sci-fi
Space Opera
Sword & Raygun
CyberPunk

Post Apocalyptic
- Nuclear
- Zombie
- Cataclysm
- Alien Invasion
- AlternaHistory
- Oil Crisis
- Mad Max/Diesel

Modern
- Spy
- Warfare
- Horror

Mixed genre

Wuxia/KungFu

So obviously that's a lot of genres I've identified, many I wouldn't know where to begin, while I was in the military, I was in the Navy, so I know a little bit about the maintenance side, but not actual operations.

I have studied many forms of Kung Fu, but I'm no expert on it.

There are some genres I really like, but fantasy generally comes out on top, Steampunk is awesome, I've loved steam punk forever, but to make a Free RPG based on it right now might get buried...

Little more though needs to go into which genre....stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment