Thursday, April 26, 2012

NEWS! - Monte Cook leaves WotC


as linked from Monte Cook's Livejournal: http://montecook.livejournal.com/251404.html

Happy Monte 
Change of Plans

Last week I decided that I would leave my contract position with Wizards of the Coast. I am no longer working on Dungeons & Dragons, although I may provide occasional consultation in the future. My decision is one based on differences of opinion with the company. However, I want to take this time to stress that my differences were not with my fellow designers, Rob Schwalb and Bruce Cordell. I enjoyed every moment of working with them over the past year. I have faith that they'll create a fun game. I'm rooting for them.

Due to my non-disclosure agreement, as well as a desire to keep things on a professional level, I have no intention of going into further detail at this time. (Mostly, I just hate drama, and would rather talk about more interesting things.)

As for what I'll be turning to next, I hope you'll stay tuned. I plan on having an interesting announcement in that regard in the near future.


Wow, this is pretty amazing news. Obviously Monte can't say anything about the game due to his NDA with WotC. I was already thinking that they had bitten off far more than they could possibly achieve. Monte is a stellar designer and might have made it work, now I wonder if the other designers can pull it off...I guess we'll have to see. I wonder what happens to D&D next?

Monte also states he has a big announcement coming, Owen Stephens made a cryptic comment on th eLJ page...so I'm speculating that Monte will be joining the Paizo team, or possibly the Goblinworks team to work on PFO.

No comments:

Post a Comment