Sunday, July 28, 2013

More on Monsters & Magic

Well now that I've pretty much recovered from last weekend and also after beginning my workout routine again. The rest of this week is going to be a bit hectic, as we have a ton of work to do , so lots of overtime will ensue.

Monsters & Magic has some unique mechanics, and while I wish I had gotten more of a playtest in at Gam3rCon, I think I got the gist of how it all works.

So for example, fighting against a Giant spider, the simple 3d6 mechanics I head read about hadn't really clicked at first, and the first couple of actions we ended up redoing after I remembered to add the effect die of the spell or weapon to the attack roll BEFORE calculating the end result. A really good result can end with an Effect, which is what happened when we started to play it right, first effect applied was as a -2 to the Armor class instead of the extra damage, making the AC lower meant more damage and possible effects being played out after the effect.

I do need to play this particular game MORE to continue progressing in my understanding. It may not be perfect for me, but it does have some fun elements...and some elements which seem familiar to what I had thought of for my own game.

No comments:

Post a Comment