Thursday, August 21, 2014

Just like Harry...

Changes:

It's amazing how in gaming you can get stuck in a rut, which can be very hard to get out of. Many people spend most their time playing the ONE game. I'm definitely ADD when it comes to gaming. So much so that sometimes it's hard to stick to a single system for any length of time. I have hundreds of ideas racing through my brain, but it's hard to get the entire idea out and accomplished before the next one hits.

The cool part of it is that I LOVE to experience new systems. Thanks to this blog, I've been able to attend lots of conventions, play in lots of different games. I personally love FATE because I've gotten to play FATE with Mike Olson, Morgan Ellis, and Chris Czerniak. I love DCC because it harkens back to the gonzo old school gaming without the Monty Haul treasure hoard.  (even though it uses the much reviled d20.) I think for me it doesn't matter as much for DCC because it's a more light hearted game. In a story telling game I don't want to have a linear chance at failure.

That d20 is one of the reasons I fell out of love of Pathfinder. In addition to rules glut. Too much!!!

Eventually, I will get time to work on my 2d10 system, based upon the SRD....but for now a quick tweak here and there for some games helps. 2d10 for Numenera for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment