Friday, May 24, 2013

Countdown to Earthdawn Appreciation Day (21 days)

I shall regale my tale of the first encounter my kids remember from Earthdawn, which they talk about to this day. 

So I was running the starter adventure for 3e for them, and we're at the cadaver men. Sean is playing an archer, and of course wounds a cadaver man...never a good idea...worse when there's only two players. So the Cadaver man rushes up and slam Sean's archer's head into a tree, repeatedly...due to an excellent success, of course.

Ian earlier in the adventure got an excellent success on an attack versus a wolf, skewering the thing's brain with his dwarf sword.

They lived...barely,. but they still remembers that adventure. Memories of amazing encounters is why we play these games. I don't get to play as often as I'd like, but when I can provide great memories of fun times, it's all worth the time and money invested in running these games.

No comments:

Post a Comment