Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Iron Kingdoms RPG Summer 2012

So, Privateer Press will be releasing the new Iron Kingdoms RPG this summer. One of the things that 4th edition did is decouple many of the 3rd party publishers from producing  stuff for Dungeons & Dragons. This is one of those products. Iron Kingdoms started as a series of adventures (Witchfire Trilogy 2001-2004), then grew to a full Campaign setting (Lock n Load 2003, Character Guide 2004, World Guide 2005). After the First Witchfire modules were released, the War Machine rules and first miniatures were released in 2003.

Now, 11 years after the first module was released, Privateer Press is releasing a Role-playing game based upon the war game, from listening to the preview, it will be a 2d6 based system, which uses many of the mechanics of War Machine. Now myself not being a War Machine player, this makes it less interesting, however, I do love the world itself, and the campaign world is what interests me. I seriously hope I can get my hands on a preview copy, so I could let you all know what it's like.

Check out the preview video at http://privateerpress.com/iron-kingdoms

No comments:

Post a Comment