Sunday, July 27, 2014

Gam3rCon 2014 was made of awesome!

OK, so that was the best Gam3rCon thus far. I might be biased because I brought home the BIG PRIZE from the Loot Room (a Mountain Bike from MRI Performance.)

Sean picked up a Digital download of Alan Wake, and a copy of the Star Wars Age of Rebellion game. Ian went all in with his points on a pair of gamer glasses.

On Saturday Ian rocked the Duck Hunt tournament (best in 5 rounds) scoring 69,500 points after 3 perfect rounds and missing very few ducks in rounds 4 and 5. I did not do as well, only scoring 2,500 points, landing me in a solid 3rd to last.

I ran Judge Dredd every day using my new Karl Urban block for a Full Eagle Day evaluation. The judges have it hard with Judge Morgan needing to take out at least 1 ganger AND not be killed in order to pass the evaluation. After a dozen games or so, it was nearly even.

I have a new favorite DCC RPG module after running Prince Charming, Reanimator. I enjoyed it so much I'm going to have to locate my EX1 and EX2 old school modules (Dungeonland & Through the Magic Mirror.) What's amazing is I believe that the Transylvanian Adventures rules could be used to run it as well.

We culminated the week with watching  the Radioactive Chickenheads!

That's all for now, Gam3rCon was made of Awesome, and I can't wait til next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment