Monday, August 22, 2011

Nostalgic Interlude - Star Frontiers


Not a lot of time today, too many irons in the fire. So I'll just wax nostalgic for a moment.

I remember when I first saw Star Frontiers on the Shelf, just that image on the front was enough to catch me, I was always a fan of Elmore's art regardless, so that epic Sci-Fi scene was just...wow. I brought it home with my allowance money, cracked open the box and started checking everything out. I still remember the names of the alien races 20+ years later without having to look them up. The monkey-like Yazirians, the wholly alien mantis race Vrusk, and the bloblike Dralasites. Then the enemy race, the Sathar, with their creepy double pupils.

I remember getting Zebulon's guide and all it's techy goodies. I of course also got the Villains of Volturnus choose your own adventure book. I even picked up a copy for the boys a few years ago when I found it at the local used bookstore. Well that's all I have time for nostalgia at the moment....back to the grindstone.

You can actually download all the old-time goodness at Starfrontiers.com. There's also a currently produced Support magazine Star Frontiersman at Starfrontiersman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment